# Product Import YML, CSV
# Upload Import File
- To import data, go to Administration → Import data → Product import.
- Select a method to upload an import file:
- from server;
- from local source;
- Read about the limits, upload a file, and click Save.
- After you finish comparing categories and configuring import, click the Launch button
# Match Categories
After uploading an import file you need to match categories of your online-store to the CDEK.MARKET categories. It is easy to quickly match hundreds of categories using integrated functionality.
- Select a relevant CDEK.MARKET category. Our system automatically matches categories based on similar words or phrases and substitutes values. We recommend to check the list and manually matches correct categories if algorithm selects the wrong ones.
- After matching all categories click Save to launch category matching process.
If categoriees are left unmatched, products from these categories will be moved to the Products category, and they won't be displayed on the storefront.
# Import Statuses
Import statuses guide you through the import process:
- Active—import has started and in progress;
- Validation—checking the YML file for compliance with technical requirements;
- Category processing—uploading the list of categories from the import file for comparing;
- Product processing—uploading products;
- Image processing—uploading main and additional product images;
- Error—the import file has errors.
# Import Settings
On the Settings tab you can select the status of products that are not in the import file, specify how often the file shall be updated, change quantity and price of products.
# Import Errors
After uploading, the price list with products is automatically checked for compliance with technical requirements. If errors are found in the import file at the validation stage, a separate tab with a list of errors will appear.
The maximum number of errors is 20. Products with errors are skipped automatically.
# YML Format
YML (Yandex Market Language) standard is developed by Yandex and based on the XML standard. YML format provides more features and functions than XLS and CSV formats.
# Требования к YML-файлу
- В YML нельзя использовать непечатаемые символы с ASCII-кодами от 0 до 31 (за исключением символов с кодами 9, 10, 13 — табуляция, перевод строки, возврат каретки).
'нужно заменять на эквивалентные коды: '"' '&' '>' '<' '''.
- Допустимые кодировки YML-файла: UTF-8, windows-1251.
# YML File Requirements
- The YML standard does not support nonprintable characters with ASCII codes 0 through 31 (except for characters with codes 9, 10, and 13: tab, new line, and carriage return).
'characters need to be replaced with their equivalent codes: '"' '&' '>' '<' '''.
- Acceptable YML file encodings: UTF-8, windows-1251.
# Structure of YML File
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <yml_catalog date="2019-10-31 17:22"> <shop> ... <offers> ... </offers> <gifts> ... </gifts> <promos> ... </promos> </shop> </yml_catalog>
# Additional YML Import Fields
To indicate the quantity of products in the YML file, use the amount tag that is placed inside the offer tag. Example:
# CSV Format
A plain text file with separators is a convenient format for generating a price list from databases or spreadsheet editors (such as Excel, OpenOffice, or Google Docs).
- Each line in the file should correspond to a single row in the spreadsheet.
- The fields are separated by either a comma or semicolon (CSV), or a tab (TSV).
- Each line in the file should contain a description of a single product offer.
- The first line must contain field names.
- The file must be UTF-8 encoded.
- Tabs and line breaks cannot be used inside fields.
- The file should not contain empty columns.
- There is no set order that columns (fields) must follow, but they must be kept in the same order within a single file.
# Additional CSV Import Fields
To indicate the quantity of products in the CSV file, use the column titled amount.
# Price lists examples
To learn more about YML format, please refer to the following article—YML and CSV formats.