# Product Properties
When you create or edit a product, you can configure almost every aspect of it. For convenience, properties are grouped by tabs on the product editing page.
- Name—the main identifier of the product on the storefront and in the Seller’s administration panel. Customers use it to look for your products.
- The value in the Seller field is assigned automatically when the product is created.
- Categories—the categories that the product will be assigned to. The product must have a terminal category, e. g. Electronics/Audio/Microphones and Accessories/Microphones, where Microphones is the terminal category. If a product has multiple categories, the first category on the list will be the main category for the product. To change the main category, just drag another category in its place.
- Price—the product price in your store’s currency.
Before entering the price, make sure that the price of a product was converted from the local currency to Russian rubles.
- Full description—the product description displayed on the product card. Unfortunately, HTML-formatting is currently unavailable.
- Status. Active product is available at the storefront, Disabled product is not available on the storefront, Hidden product is available to customers only via direct link.
- Images—product images. The number of images cannot exceed 5 items per 1 product. Supported formats are JPEG, GIF, PNG.
After uploading the main image, thumbnails will be generated automatically based on this image. You can also upload additional product images that will be available on the card. To change the main image, simply drag and drop another image in its place.
If you hover over an image, you’ll be able to view the full-sized image, delete it, or edit its alt text. This text is shown when the image is missing or cannot be displayed. Alternative texts help to optimize your store for SEO purposes.
# Option Settings
Settings in this section are applied if a product has at least two options.
- Option type—select how the option variants are displayed and selected on the product’s page:
- Simultaneous—customers can choose the variant for each option independently and in any order.
- Sequential—options and variants are chosen one after another: first the variant of the first option, then the variant of the second option, and so on.
- Exception type—select the exception type for options:
- Forbidden—you’ll be able to specify Forbidden combinations on the Options tab. Customers won’t be able to purchase a product when they choose a forbidden combination of option variants.
- Allowed—you’ll be able to specify Allowed combinations on the Options tab. Customers will only be able to purchase a product when they choose an allowed combination of option variants.
Contains price and quantity settings.
- Code—the identifier of a product (SKU), must be unique. It is used to apply a data string to a correct product during import.
- List price is used to quickly create a discount. Specify a value higher than product’s price to create a discount.
- In stock—the number of products in the stock. Products that are out of stock can’t be bought.
- Inventory determines how product quantity is tracked in the stock.
- The Track with options variant is available if a product has at least one option. If tracking with options is enabled, you’ll need to specify the number of in-stock items individually for each combination of option variants.
- If a product is tracked without options, than only the number specified in the In stock field is considered.
- If Do not track is selected, the value in the In stock field doesn’t change after products are ordered. And product quantity is not displayed on the product’s card on the storefront.
- Minimum price—the product’s price cannot be lower than a price specified in this field.
The next four properties are used to control how many products a customer can buy. 0 value means that there is no restrictions.
- Minimum order quantity—the minimum number of items that a customer can buy at a time.
- Maximum order quantity—the maximum number of items that a customer can buy at a time.
- Quantity Step—determines the step by which a customer can increase or decrease the number of products in cart. If the minimum order quantity is 2, the maximum order quantity is 10, and the quantity step is 2, then a customer will be able to purchase 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 items in one order.
- Drop-down quantity list count—the maximum number of variants in the Quantity drop-down list. To illustrate this setting, we use the previous example. If Drop-down quantity list count is 3, the customer won’t be able to select 8 or 10 products, the only available variants will be 2, 4, or 6 products. This setting is especially useful when Quantity step is specified, and there is lots of product items in stock.
- Creation date—the date the product has been added to the catalog. It is used for sorting products by date in import and for advanced search,
- Available since—the date when the product becomes available for purchase. If the field is empty, the product is available right after creation.
- Out-of-stock action.
- Pre-order allows a customer to purchase a product in advance. When the product becomes available, the customer receives it automatically.
- If a customer subscribes to notifications, the notification will be send to this customer when a product is available for purchase.
- Digital product—check it to make this product a digital one. Used for selling digital books, films, and video games.
- Short description is displayed at the product list on the storefront. If you leave this field blank, the short description will be automatically taken from the full one.
- Popularity—product’s popularity is calculated automatically and depends on the number of product views as well as the number of times the product was added to the cart and purchased.
- HS Code (TNVED Code)—Trade Nomenclature for Foreign Economic Activities. The classifier of products used by customs authorities and participants in foreign economic activity (FEA) for customs operations.
Only non-resident sellers fill in this field. If a sole proprietor or a legal entity is registered on the territory of the Russian Federation, the field is left blank.
- Barcode—relates to HS Code (TNVED Code).
- Category the product belongs to on the website or in the seller’s ERP system—relates to HS Code (TNVED Code).
- The full path to the category on the website or in the seller’s ERP system—relates to HS Code (TNVED Code).
- Category ID on the website or in the seller’s ERP system—relates to HS Code (TNVED Code).
- Search keywords—a list of words by which a search on a storefront will find this product, even if there are no such words in the name and description of the product. Words should be separated by commas.
- Promo text—an additional block with information that appears on the product page. Can be used to display promotions and discounts related to the product.
On this tab you can manage options and option combinations (including Forbidden and Allowed). Options are displayed on the product page on the storefront. Depending on the type of an option, customers either select one of the option variants or provide their own value. Option properties are described in a separate article.
# Shipping Properties
Please note that the customer will be able to place an order only if weight and dimensions of the package are indicated, or similar parameters are configured in the shipping methods. You can learn more about this from the Configuring Shipping Methods article.
- Weight—weight of one product item measured in a default unit of weight.
- Free shipping if you tick this checkbox, the product will be excluded from the shipping cost calculation, as long as the shipping method has the Use for free shipping checkbox ticked.
- Items in a box—the minimum and maximum number of product items to be shipped in a separate box. Usually it’s 1 - 1 (only one product per box).
- Box length—the length of a separate box.
- Box width—the width of a separate box.
- Box height—the height of a separate box.
# Files to Sell
At CDEK.MARKET it is possible to sell not only physical, but also digital products, as well as coupons and tickets to events. Files become available to a customer after a purchase or after activation.
For digital instructions and/or files that come with a physical product and don’t have to be bought, we recommend using the Attachments tab instead.
To keep lots of files on one product card, we recommend to create folders using the Add a folder button.
Every file has the following properties:
- Name—the name of the file as your customers will see it on the product page.
- Position—the position of the file relatively to the positions of the other files in the list.
- Folder—the folder to which the file belongs (if you created any).
- File—the actual file that will become available for download after purchase.
- Preview—the preview file that can be freely downloaded from the product details page on the storefront. For example, a book extract.
- Activation mode—determines how the download link will be activated:
- Manually—manually by the seller’s administrator.
- Immediately—immediately after the order has been placed.
- After full payment—once the order status has changed to Paid, Processed, Sent, or Delivered.
- Max downloads—the maximum number of allowed file downloads per customer.
- Agreement required. Adds a checkbox to the checkout page, which the customers should tick if they agree to accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Additional text. Here you can add any additional information about the product.
This tab contains additional product properties.
- Returnable—if you tick this checkbox, the product will be labeled as available for the return.
- Return period—the time period (in days) during which the product can be returned. The period begins on the day of delivery.
# Buy Together
Using combinations, you can combine several products into one set, sold at a discount. For example, it is a good idea to add a microphone and a holder to headphones. So you will be able not only to increase revenue, but also to increase the popularity of individual products, due to the fact that customers will see them more often when viewing your products and in the promotion section on the storefront.
In addition to the products themselves and the size of the discount, the combination of products has the following properties:
- Name—the name of the product combination.
- Description—the description of the product combination that appears on the storefront.
- Set the availability period—provides access to the next two settings.
- Available since—the date, when the combination becomes available to customers.
- Available until—the date, when the combination becomes unavailable to customers.
- Display in promotions—if ticked, the combination will appear in the list of promotions.
- Status—the status of the product combination.
This tab includes a list of tags associated with the product.
- Tags—keywords used to search similar products. To add a tag, start typing a word and CDEK.MARKET will suggest possible variants from the list of existing tags. You can also make up your own tag.
This tab contains files not for selling associated with a product: instructions, illustrations, and so on. Each attachment has the following properties:
- Name—the name of the file.
- Position—the position of the attachment relatively to the position of other attachments.
- File—the file that can be downloaded from the product page.
# Product Video Gallery
On the Product Video Gallery tab, you can add video presentations of a product or tutorial videos.
- Set the video as a default product image—replaces the main product image with the video.
- Video title—the name of the video on the product page.
- Position—the position of the video on the product page relatively to other videos.
- Video ID on YouTube. On CDEK.MARKET you can’t upload a video by yourself, but you can insert a link to YouTube, after uploading the video there. In this field you need to insert not the entire link, but only the ID.
- Width and height of the video in pixels—the size of the video frame on the product page. If left blank, the default values are applied.
- Icon type:
- Video frame—the YouTube image will be used as the cover image.
- Custom icon—the image that you uploaded to the Icon field will be used.
- Icon—upload your image here if you have previously selected Custom icon. Supported formats are JPEG, GIF, PNG.
- Description—video description.
Contains the list of customers’ reviews of the product.
On this tab, you can set the values of additional fields that relate to the product. Using the features, you can add extra product information.
On this tab, you can create product variations and manage them. Variations are similar variants of one product that differ from each other only in one or a few options. Variations are more independent comparing to options and option combinations. For example, a variation has its own price. Variation properties are described in a separate article.